As per the USB cable the Rectangle one will go to the computer and the square one to the printer.
Resolving Connection problem with the USB cable
- Switch the USB port from your computer to an another one.
- Unplug the power chord of the printer and wait for 30 seconds and plug it back again.
- Change the USB cable.
- Check your computer control panel and make sure that the Epson EX440 printer is reflecting.
These are the procedure to resolve the connection issues in USB cable.
Paper Jam Error:
- When it comes under a paper jam take out all the papers and exit the jammed paper out of your Epson Ex 440 printer.
- Tap the paper on a flat surface and make sure everything is in equal position and place it back to your printer.
- If any of the paper is cursed or not in a good codition for printing you can take that out and start printing again.
These are the procedure to resolve a paper jam Error.